The recruitment department of the French Chamber of Great Britain is acting as an agency for its 600 member companies, one of which is currently recruiting a Legal Services Assistant.
The company is a law firm.
The role is based in Central London.
As a Legal Services Assistant, you will provide high level support to the firm’s legal departments, assisting them with the delivery of legal services, reducing administration and enabling them to provide exceptional client service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proactively dealing with client and third party telephone calls, answering queries where able and acting on initiative to provide exceptional client service.
- Providing support with case research and post completion work.
- Online applications e.g. Companies House, Land Registry, Searchflow, CRU forms.
- Undertaking searches online.
- Production of court bundles, ensuring the bundle structure, format and content meets with the requirements of the court rules and securing sufficient resource to complete printing/copying of master bundles.
- Obtaining information and documentation from clients and third parties as appropriate.
- Management of key dates and delivery milestones, ensuring dates are accurately recorded and monitored and notifications are auctioned by lawyers.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of client reports, ensuring all deadlines are achieved.
- Creating and managing data rooms, ensuring they are updated/closed in accordance with the case milestones.
- Proactively promote the use of data rooms with clients and lawyers.
- Ensuring client and matter data is maintained within our case management and practice management systems, raising requests with the CMI team as appropriate.
- Ensuring compliance with firm wide/department policies and procedures to include Lexcel and Information Security.
- Attending internal/external meetings where appropriate and taking accurate minutes, following up designated actions to ensure completion ahead of the next meeting.
- Taking ownership for the upkeep and maintenance of Interaction - adding new prospects, clients and contacts, activities and business development information.
- Drafting and producing routine correspondence and documents for supervision.
- Reviewing correspondence and documentation produced by shared services/speech recognition to ensure the content is accurate and formatted correctly before being made available to the author for approval and completion of all associated tasks.
- Time recording for tasks undertaken as appropriate.
- Receiving instructions via digital dictation for tasks and acting upon the same.
- File management - ensuring all files are up to date and maintained appropriately, documents are named in line with the business wide naming convention and the correct folder structures are adopted (both electronic and paper)
- File opening - ensuring engagement letters are sent, matters are set up on the relevant document/case management system and Lexcel administration.
- Anticipating and dealing with matter related finance administration to include APRs, BACs, and TTs.
- Proactively managing file closure administration, dealing with account balances and ensuring compliance with Lexcel procedures.
- Day to day supervision of Administration Assistant tasks to include delegation, prioritising workload, providing guidance and sharing knowledge.
- Travel to other offices as and when required.
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with the level of the post.
Qualifications and Skills
- Legal experience
- Bilingual French/English
- Experience of document management/case management systems
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
You would be expected to have the following skills and experience:
- An effective communicator with the ability to liaise with internal and external clients in a professional manner; striving to provide exceptional service at all times
- Well organised and methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive, resilient, professional and flexible approach to work
- Effective at investigating issues and seeing a problem through to conclusion, using initiative and directing queries where appropriate
- Conscientious, taking personal responsibility for own work and accountability for its delivery and quality
- Excellent team player, sharing in team goals to provide excellent quality and efficiency of service, with a willingness to take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Positive can do attitude with the ability to adapt to change
- You will be expected to be familiar and compliant with the full range of regulatory policies and procedures including: equal opportunity and diversity, data protection and confidentiality/security, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering etc.
- You will also be required to undertake mandatory compliance training as required
Only suitable candidates will be contacted. Please, apply only if your profile matches the requirements listed above. If you think that you are the ideal candidate for this role, don't hesitate to apply.
- Administrative Duties
- Document Management
- Legal Assistance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job