We are currently looking for a Banking Legal Secretary - experience not essential within Banking but candidates with Residential or Commercial Property experience would be considered for this role!
JOB TITLE: Legal Secretary in the Banking- Real Estate Department
SALARY: £20,000 - £22,500 - depending on experience + bonus!
LOCATION: Manchester City Centre
HOURS OF WORK: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday (no late nights)
BENEFITS: 25+stat holidays - Death in Service Pension
Main Purpose of the role:
Do you commute and work on the outskirts and now looking to work in Manchester City Centre? If so, we are currently looking to recruit an experienced legal secretary looking to join a forward thinking law firm. A great opportunity has arisen for a Banking Secretary with either Property Finance, Commercial or Residential Legal Secretary experience.
The main purpose of this role is you will provide a full secretarial service to the Banking Team, This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of a team in a varied and fast paced role and you will be Reporting directly to a fee earner or fee earners, provide secretarial support to him/her. Your duties include but are not limited to:
- Copy type work using BigHand digital dictation system
- Creating new clients and information in the database with full and accurate data, in line with the company’s file opening and entity creation procedures
- Maintain the in-house database in line with the company’s procedures and the Data Protection Act, ensuring that all data is accurate and up to date at all times
- Ensure that all typed work is accurate and proof-read before being handed to the fee earner
- Prepare correspondence, documents (including track changing) and enclosures as applicable ready for signature and ensure all relevant enclosures are attached to the main document ready for posting
- Ensure that signed correspondence is sent promptly to the Post Room
- Diary management using a computerised diary to ensure that no key dates, deadlines, tasks and appointments are missed by the fee earner
- Extensive client liaison - communicate a professional manner with clients, internal staff on the telephone and by email, relaying messages and providing assistance where possible
- Make appointments and book meeting rooms, refreshments, arrange travel and accommodation, etc. as required
- Prompt administration of files such as opening and closing, billing, recording undertakings, archiving, etc., as directed by the fee earner
- Filing, both paper - manual and electronic
- At all times comply with internal procedures as set out in the Office Manual and the Clerical Guide
- At all times comply with all relevant legislation and regulations as directed by the firm (e.g. client confidentiality, anti-money laundering, Solicitors’ Regulation Authority and The Law Society rules, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Data Protection Act, etc.)
- In all dealings with clients and others, internally and externally, behave professionally, helpfully and courteously at all times and ensure the positive representation of the firm
- Work as part of a team when work is requested by any other fee earner
- Minimum experience of 12 months in Banking or Real Estate or Commercial Property or Residential Conveyancing
- Audio typing qualification or experience
- Confident, clear and articulate communication skills
- Well presented, appropriate to a professional business environment.
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to work in a planned and organised way, but has the ability to multitask
- Manages time effectively
- Methodical, accurate and consistent even when under the workload and/or time pressures
- Adapts and fits in well, able to work independently and within a team
- A professional and helpful manner
- Awareness of the need for confidentiality
- Accurate typing speed of 60 wpm
- Experience using MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, case management systems
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to carry out tasks independently and show initiative
Can commute from: Manchester, Stockport, Greater Manchester City Centre, Sale, Altrincham, Cheshire, Lancashire, Ashton under Lyne, Stretford, Trafford, Bolton, Salford, Urmston, Hyde, StalybriKEYWORDS
KEYWORDS: Legal Secretary, Banking, Real Estate Commercial Property, Residential Property, Litigation, Solicitors, Civil Litigation, Secretary, Legal Assistant, Digital Dictation, BigHand, Document Production, Law Firm, Legal. Team Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Commercial Property
- Residential Property
- Property Finance
- Banking Legal Secretary
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'