Our Client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Legal Secretarial to join their team, based in Leeds City Centre, primarily within the Commercial Litigation team. There will also be an overlap with the Property and other disciplines.
The role will entail providing secretarial support to Partners within the firm, enabling them to operate at optimum efficiency.
Our client is an established law firm based in Leeds City Centre.
The Key Responsibilities of the Successful Legal Secretary will include:
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and IT systems
- Administering filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Intranet
- Keeping the filing up to date and ensure that files are tidy and lexcel compliant.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arranging for all copying to be done.
- Making appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her principal.
- Attending to clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- Endeavouring to resolve client queries where applicable without fee earner intervention and pass any urgent and/or outstanding issues to the fee earner for guidance.
- Keeping dictation up to date within agreed timescales
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards continuous improvement and development
- Ensuring billing is completed on a monthly basis.
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
- Exercising high standards of client care, at all times, in a professional and pleasant manner
- General assistance and support in the department
The Successful Legal Secretary will:
- Have effective typing and administrative support to the partner or fee earner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency
- Have experience and knowledge of legal practice and procedures
- Excellent IT and audio typing skills
- Efficient and well organised, with good diary control
- Have an effective communicator, both orally, and in writing, who is confident dealing with clients
- Have the ability to work to deadlines
- Be adaptable
- Understand the varied duties required of an individual within a Admin and Secretarial career
The Successful Legal Secretary will receive:
- Competitive Salary - £18,000- £22,000 DOE
- Various company benefits
- Work in a friendly, busy and really nice office.
- legal secretary
- legal assistant
- audio typing
- copy typing
- legal PA
- business support
- team secretary
- company secretary