Page Personnel are delighted to be working with a well-estbalished law firm recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join their team based in Salisbury, specialising in Personal Injury / Medical Negligence on a 4 day a week basis.
Our client is a well-established business in the Legal sector, specialising in Injury and Medical Negligence, and has multiple offices across the UK. They are looking for a Legal Secretary to join their team in Salisbury on a 4 days a week basis.
As a Legal Secretary, your responsibilities will include:
- Document and File handling
- Client Service
- Support with Compliance
The successful candidate will be required to deal with these 4 aspects on a daily basis, but with emphasis on document and file handling. Given the nature of the often complex and high value work our client deals with, the successful candidate will also be providing administrative support generally and so, ideally, the candidate needs to be able to work collaboratively and proactively with the fee earners they are supporting as well as the other support staff. Once in role, it would be anticipated that the successful candidate would start to develop working knowledge of the cases being dealt with so as to then be able to greater assist in respect of client service.
The team currently comprises of four staff - Director, Associate Legal Director, Associate Solicitor and a Solicitor. The team are currently supported by a PA to the Director and a Legal Secretary. The Salisbury office deals with both personal injury and clinical negligence claims and, as such, there is a wide variety of work, including significant brain and spinal injuries; birth injuries and delay in diagnosis of cancer for example.
Given that the team regularly collaborate / assist on each other's cases, the successful candidate would initially be providing support to all 4 fee earners roles, although as the office and the role develops this may change over time.
To be successful in your application, you should have:
- GCSE passes (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- RSA qualifications desirable.
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience within Professional Services with 2+ years legal secretarial experience in a litigation field desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of medical terminology advantageous.
Skills / Abilities
- Planning and organising.
- Time management.
- Turning problems into solutions.
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Numerate; able to understand budgets and targets and forecast working time.
- Strong IT skills; adapts to information systems quickly; able to use case management systems effectively.
- Excellent literacy skills including drafting style, attention to detail, and accurate use of the English language.
Aside from any relevant experience, the successful candidate must demonstrate a "can do" attitude and, ideally, be someone who wants to develop their knowledge and skills in this particular role to provide increasing support to the fee earners.
If you are successful in your application, you should receive:
- Excellent Salary,
- Life assurance,
- Private medical cover and health cash plans,
- 25 days holiday,
- Flexible benefits package.
- "Legal" OR "Secretary" OR "Law" OR "Negligence"
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job