The Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are working closely with a legal firm looking to recruit a Legal Secretary on a permanent basis with an immediate start.
The main responsibilities of the Legal Secretary will be:
- Provide an effective and efficient typing support via a digital dictation system using a variety of software packages such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel etc. This will include accurately preparing and/or producing e-mails, letters, documents and presentations in template formats, with relevant attachments and enclosures etc and ensuring that they are prepared for signature in time for appropriate deadlines to be met;
- Produce bills and other relevant financial information and reports on an appropriate basis eg monthly;
- Dealing with day to day client enquiries in the absence of or on behalf of lawyers (without providing anything that may be regarded as legal advice), taking and forwarding messages as appropriate;
- Effective diary management, to include arranging meetings, conferences/seminars and other related appointments, booking meeting rooms and providing refreshments, arranging travel and accommodation and operating an effective follow-up/reminder system and managing out of office messages and voicemail systems etc;
- Deal with all incoming correspondence, taking care that during the absence of lawyers anything of an urgent nature is seen immediately by another lawyer in the team/Unit; and
- Provide typing support to other secretaries/Units where circumstances allow.
- Maintain accurate client records ensuring that all documents are correctly filed to the corresponding client matter;
- Adhering to the firms normal financial, managerial and procedural rules and policies such as Anti-Money Laundering, confidentiality, data protection and the Management of 'Key Dates' etc;
- Attend Unit meetings, attend and support client seminars, presentations etc; and
- Ensure appropriate levels of stationery and equipment are ordered, maintained etc.
Qualities of the Legal Secretary :
- Excellent IT skills, in particular experience of using digital dictation and Microsoft Office (in particular proven skills in document management in Word and also Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint experience etc);
- A commitment to delivering an excellent and professional support to others;
- The ability to plan ahead, to problem solve and to have the confidence and ability to work on one's own initiative where necessary;
- An ability to work in a demanding environment, adhering to strict deadlines;
- Fast, accurate touch-typing speed (at least 70wpm);
- Previous legal experience, in particular a proven working knowledge of documents, processes and terminology within Commercial Property/Real Estate
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.brewsterpratap.co.uk for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job