Toucan recruitment are looking for a Legal Secretary with at least 3 years' experience in family law to join a firm based in Caerphilly.
- Preparation of all documentation, correspondence, attendance notes, pleadings etc from audio (tape) dictation
- Pulling of post together and marrying correspondence with files,
- Running fee earner and court diaries
- Preparing petty cash returns to accounts and dealing with petty cash generally
- Liaising with clients, other solicitors, Counsel's clerks and the Court
- Monthly preparation of private client fee notes
- Chasing clients for outstanding fees
- Opening, closing and archiving of files
- All other duties required by fee earner
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and advising fee earner, preparing attendance notes
- Liaising with accounts, paying in cheques received from clients into accounts; taking card details from clients and forwarding to accounts
- Liaison with Costs Draughtsman in relation to file billing when matter completed.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Family Law
- Ability to use spreadsheets
- Familiarity with Legal Aid
- Audio typing speed of at least 65wpm
- Familiarity with Laserforms and Practice Manager
Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
Monday - Friday 9-5pm.