Legal Secretary - Commercial Litigation
12 Month Maternity Cover (possibility of longer)
February Start date
Our Client is a leading City law firm which provides the highest quality of legal services to UK and international clients. They are recognised as a medium-sized niche firm, specialising in commercial / corporate, civil litigation, community housing, employment, projects and property especially in social housing. Over the past few years, have grown significantly and now have over 200 staff.
To provide comprehensive secretarial support to the team to help meet client expectations in line with the department’s objectives. This role will provide primary support to one Partner and five fee earners however from time to time there will be a need to provide wider support to the team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• This is not an exhaustive list and from time to time it may be necessary to vary these to meet the department and business needs.
• Diary management for Partner and fee earner(s).
• Opening new client files and new matters on existing files.
• Organising periodic Partner travel arrangements.
• Completing pro forma standard documents such as letters before action.
• Audio and copy typing and document processing.
• Formatting documents and any other relevant documentation as directed.
• General administrative support for the department e.g. filing, photocopying.
• Receiving phone calls from clients; routing them or taking messages and dealing with them as appropriate.
• Producing bills and dealing with invoices on a monthly basis.
• Organising and maintaining tidy and accurate files both in hard copy and electronically.
• To provide cover and support to other secretaries within the firm as and when required. Flexibility is important as there can be considerable fluctuations in the amount of work produced by fee earners.