Child Care Legal Secretary
The opportunity to work at an award winning law firm, ranked within the top 10 firms in Wales. Their office in Newport provides a range of services for businesses and individuals. They are currently recruiting for a Legal Secretary to join their Child Care Department.
The successful applicant will be working alongside experienced fee earners and will be required to provide a high standard of secretarial support to partner and lawyers within the child care team.
- Answering and making telephone calls
- Support fee earners with all administrative processes
- Prepare basic court document and applications for Legal aid
- Audio typing and word processing
- Resolve debit and credit balances on files to enable closure
- Manage diaries and take minutes for meetings
- Photocopying where necessary
- Support other secretaries as and when required
- Constant communication with fee earners and clients
Skills / Experience
- Legal Secretarial experience is essential
- Experience within a child care department is essential
- Knowledge of Legal aid funding available for child care work
- Excellent typing speed (65wmp+)
- Excellent communication skills
- An excellent eye for detail
- Good with IT/ Case management systems
How to Apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for the role - then please get in touch. We also offer a referral scheme for any candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place. If you have any further questions then please contact Harriet Read.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job