Our client is recognised as one of the UK’s leading law firms and they are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their successful team.
The main purpose of the role is to provide a support service, to the partners within the department. The support provided will be as part of a team with shared responsibilities. The role comprises of a combination of secretarial and administration duties including document control, client support, administration and diary management.
- Provide comprehensive and timely word processing service for the creation, amendment of documents using Word, Excel, DeltaView, BigHand and other relevant technology i.e. PowerPoint and Laserforms
- Ensuring documents returned to the lawyers accurately reflect original request before returning work. This will include proof reading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation
- Prepare, collate and index legal documents
- Ensure the names of clients are known and the job holder is established as the point of contact in lawyer’s absence and on a day to day basis
- Support the billing process e.g. ensuring that the bill is sent within agreed time and answering simple client queries
- Payment of Counsel fees
- Undertake online client searches
- To assist in answering the telephone promptly at all times
- To provide cover for other secretaries during lunch on a rota basis
- Manage all filing activities, including opening new files, filing, archiving and sending files for storage
- Undertake photocopying/scanning
- Carry out management of post including replying and drafting replies to routine correspondence
- Draft and send faxes and correspondence
- Organise all travel arrangements
- Keep the lawyer’s diary up to date using Outlook
- Arrange internal and external meetings, liaising with reception
- Ensure all papers are ready for the lawyer at the beginning of the day
- Schedule forward meetings, appointments, diary notes
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Legal Secretary/PA as well as secretarial qualifications, either RSA or Pitman’s and/or a recognised secretarial diploma along with a proven ability to be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and the ability to prioritise effectively. You will be highly organised with excellent attention to detail and experience of dealing with a high volume of document production in a legal environment. You must also possess advanced knowledge of Word, Outlook and a typing speed of 65-70 wpm. Experience of digital dictation would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Audio Typing
- Digital Dictation