Job Title: Legal Secretary
Department: Conveyancing Department
Hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00am - 05:00pm, with an hour for lunch
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced full time Legal Secretary to join their well-established Conveyancing department at their Christchurch office.
This role will involve supporting the lead Conveyancer as well as providing excellent levels of service to the company's clients. As a Legal Secretary within the team you will be dealing with diary management, document production, audio-typing and client liaison, so previous experience within a Legal Secretary role is essential. Candidates who have worked within a Conveyancing department would be desirable.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate excellent client care skills, be highly organised and will have the ability to use their own initiative, work effectively under pressure and possess strong communications skills, as well as an acute eye for detail.
- Supporting the fee earner by ensuring all routine administrative processes are undertaken along with co-coordinating diary commitments.
- Preparing correspondence through audio typing and word processing.
- Dealing with routine post, drafting communications as appropriate.
- Administration duties including daily filing, opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files.
- Ensuring protocols are in place to protect the confidentiality of both the firm's and clients' documentation and information.
- Assisting clients in person or on the telephone, providing support in a professional and friendly way to ensure the firm's standards for client care are maintained.
- Dealing with client queries whenever possible and referring matters to the fee earner as and when necessary.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job