Our client has several regional offices in Kent and they are looking for a Secretary/Office Manager to assist with an ever-increasing workload. Working full time, you will provide full secretarial support to the Director, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, audio typing correspondence and documents by digital dictation. You will have excellent audio typing skills, preferably gained from within a clinical negligence or medial environment. Salary dependant on knowledge and skills.
- Providing full secretarial support to Director, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system.
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner.
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Director on any action required.
- Maintaining and coordinating Director’s diary and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary.
- To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
Acting as Office Manager responsibility for:
- Liaising with HR Manager to arrange secretarial cover for holiday/sickness etc.,
- When necessary, ensuring smooth running of office and allocating/distributing work as necessary to deal with peaks and troughs
- Maintaining holiday and sickness schedule and returning to HR Manager and Payroll on a monthly basis
- Receiving and dealing with minor staff problems wherever possible; referring as necessary
- Liaising with the Branch Partner with regard to office furniture, health and safety compliance and maintenance of branch office (instructing local tradesmen where necessary)
- Liaising with the IT Manager to resolve office equipment/pc hardware/software problems Liaising with office cleaning contractor and photocopier engineer as required Local Induction of new staff; office orientation, fire exits, health and safety
- Regular reconciliation of petty cash
- Arranging routine fire drills and conducting weekly alarm tests
- Business Plan
- Office Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job