The Legal Secretary will support an allocated number of Partners and lawyers allowing them to manage their client care, chargeable and business development workload more effectively.
This role of the Legal Secretary will work in a pressured environment; must be highly organised; flexible to Partner and lawyer requirements; able to anticipate the needs of the Partners and lawyers they work for; able to adapt to the unexpected; adept at multi-tasking; and have meticulous attention to detail.
Responsibilities of the Legal Secretary
· Manage Partners’ and lawyers’ diaries and arrange appointments (both internal and external).
· Organise travel, accommodation and transfers as appropriate and pro-actively preparing complex travel itineraries for each trip.
· Use judgement when scheduling meetings – determine purpose and minimum time required.
· Manage administration of meetings, including collation of documentation required.
· Arrange conference calls, meetings, lunches and dinners.
· Screen phone calls and take messages, sort post and emails and prepare a list of action items and issues.
· Maintain up-to-date contact details for clients and all other contacts using Interaction.
· Prepare and submit expenses and timesheets when required.
· Regularly meet with the Partners to prepare for monthly Billing/WIP management; produce the billing narratives and cover letters and liaising with the billing team to ensure accurate and prompt billing.
· Filing and keeping files up to date (where relevant); also filing emails electronically in client folders.
· Providing general typing or document work as required.
· Manage hard and soft filing systems.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job