Legal Secretary - Industrial disease
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.30am - 17.30pm
Do you have experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in an alternative professional office and now looking to get into a well established company?
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Legal Secretary to work in the Industrial disease department for an established firm of solicitors based in Pontefract. The firm are a top player in their field and are extremely well known in the Yorkshire area. They are an expert in their field of personal injury and have been established for over 200 years.
The role of the Legal Secretary is to provide support to the Principal, allowing the department to operate at optimum efficiency. You will be expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative while being mindful of client care at all times - this will include being flexible with travel and working for various fee earners.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparing correspondence and documents for fee-earners through audio-typing and word processing.
* Administrative filing (which will include daily filing) and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
* To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her Principal if required to do so.
* Preparing mail and enclosures for collection.
* To check own work to minimise errors and avoid corrections by fee-earners.
* Provide support to other secretaries as required.
* To provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
* To attend clients both in person and on the telephone when required to do so and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
* To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
* To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and client's documentation and information.
If this sounds like the role for you then click apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.