Our client is a well known firm in Reading that is well-established and is genuinely a lovely firm to work for. They are looking for a Legal Secretary to joing their Commercial Property department, which is a close knit and very busy team. The firm offer some great benefits and are based very close to Reading town centre so is easily commutable from Bracknell, Maidenhead, Twyford and Henley-on-Thames.
The role entails the following:
· Secretarial support to solicitors and other members of the department
· Management and production of documents
· File administration and data management
Scope of job
· Assisting other secretaries from time to time.
· Assisting lawyers from time to time
Key Results :
· Timely production of documents and management of files.
· Efficient handling of telephone calls, liaison with clients and third parties
· Provision of assistance to and dealing with tasks delegated by lawyers.
· Sound knowledge of Word and all office systems.
Main Duties and responsibilities
1. To deal with word-processing/typing and production of all documents and correspondence as directed by Lawyers.
2. To attend to clients both on telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass them on to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay and to assist with the above for your department in the absence of other secretaries.
3. To deal accurately with filing - storing and retrieval of clients’ files in line with the Department’s filing system.
4. To set up new files and new matters accurately and speedily on instructions from lawyers.
5. To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
6. To ensure that the lawyers’ time records are entered promptly.
7. To accurately administer billing and financial accounting transactions and procedures.
The role is based within a busy team and involves about 40% digital dictation. The client is ideally looking for someone with Family experience or experience within a Legal firm. They will also consider someone who has worked within a Professional services firm, for example, Accountants, surveyors etc.
The role is full - time Monday to Friday and the hours are 9 - 530pm. Our client will consider someone with a strong Secretarial background who is looking to change legal fields OR someone who has the commercial property experience that would want to develop as a Secretary.
Please apply today for an immediate interview and start.
- Audio Typing
- Property Law
- Digital Dictation