Our client is a commercial law practice with a strong focus on agriculture and rural estates, the food sector and commercial property. They have ambitious plans for growth, but to realise them they need the right people.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, they have developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. They act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 150 law firms. Their people work out of four offices: Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham and Alconbury.
They take an active, hands-on and long-term approach, getting to know their clients and their businesses over many years. This means they can anticipate and deal with complex and challenging issues that really matter - not just to the success of the businesses themselves but to the wellbeing of the families that depend on them.
Many of their 28 partners completed their training contracts with them and progressed through the firm; this has been one of the keys to their success and they aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet there strategic goals.
As you would expect, they are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed their clients’ expectations. In return, they offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with them.
Primary responsibilities are …
- To be a member of, and provide the Business Support Team with, typing, secretarial and administrative support, seconded to any department identified as requiring specific secretarial support
- To work responsibly to support the needs of the fee earners and prioritising own workload effectively, delivering a quality service
- To assist with digital dictation and administrative support across the company in line with the company’s workflow ethic
Day to day responsibilities are …
- To transcribe and prepare all correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing, using company precedents where appropriate, ensuring proofreading completed
- To confidently draft simple memos, emails and letters and use these together with standard letters to assist the fee earners to move matters on as appropriate.
- To operate a case management system including storing documents electronically - organising and attaching to relevant matters, including incoming and outgoing emails.
- To be familiar with all relevant computer packages including, but not limited to: PDF docs, document conversion and tracked changes
- To deal with administrative routines as required to include scanning, faxing printing, copying and releasing matter-related emails from mimecast
- To be involved in the efficient management of client/matter files to include general filing in a timely and accurate manner (both electronically and paper), with file opening, preparation of client care letters and terms and conditions, gathering ID, file closure, archiving and retrieval as required, as well as preparing any necessary papers for meetings.
- To manage incoming and outgoing mail in all mediums, i.e. post, DX, emails and facsimile transmissions
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain manager/fee earner’s diary as required, as well as preparing any necessary papers for meetings.
- To undertake administrative elements of PD review and ensure these are followed up by arranging PD reviews between supervisor and matter manager, updating notes and following through on actions, including credit control
- To undertake administrative file reviews including taking responsibility for ensuring they are completed in a timely manner within the team
- To review fee earners’ timesheets (as applicable) and complete/ post-non-matter related time on their behalf; regularly review unassigned time items and post time when a matter is opened, complete expense claims, ensuring e-form authorisations are progressing
- To manage incoming and outgoing mail in all media i.e. post, DX, emails and facsimile transmissions ensuring everything is stored on the electronic file
- To update fee earners’ CPD records
- Any other reasonable requests from fee earners and/or managers
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the company’s and clients’ documentation and information
- To personally undertake any specific training when required to do so to include attendance, and encouraging team attendance, at internal "At Home with" sessions, "Lunch and Learn" sessions and relevant "Bite Size" training and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development/endeavouring to improve own standards
- To work towards achieving Microsoft Word Accreditation at Basic Level/Expert Level
- To demonstrate a typing speed of at least 65 wpm/90% accuracy/70 wpm
- To accommodate any other reasonable requests from fee earners and/or managers
- Annual bonus
- 50% off gym membership
- Sick pay
- £1250 towards legal fee's - ie will/house purchasing
- Free Parking
- Diary Management
- Digital Dictation
- audio typing
- microsoft packages
- 65wpm typing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'