Our client is looking for a Family Law Legal Secretary to join the team. They will consider either experienced or trainee applicants. You will work as part of a team to provide secretarial and administrative support in a small but busy practice.
Your key duties will be:
• providing timely and effective support to requests for assistance from members of the team
• accurate production of correspondence and documentation, including through the use of digital dictation
• attending to clients in person and on the phone, taking messages and assisting where appropriate • use of a case management system to process and progress files
• managing file opening, closure and archiving
• producing bills and other financial administration
• managing diaries for the team, planning and organising meetings and making travel arrangements • organising and maintaining departmental filing systems and document storage
• photocopying, scanning, faxing, printing, filing and other general administrative tasks
Skills and experience you will have:
• Previous legal secretarial experience
• confidence with IT systems
• fast and accurate keyboard skills
• Good client facing skills
Key competencies you will need:
• the ability to work well in a team and develop good working relationships with colleagues and others
• confident interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise openly and clearly with colleagues and clients
• to be able to produce a high standard of work, often to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining accuracy and good attention to detail
• ability to prioritise well and cope with changing demands
• to be able to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, initiative and self-confidence.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.