The Legal Secretary will report to the Estate Private Client Partner. The Legal Secretary will provide first class PA, secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the fee-earners to whom you have been allocated, ensuring that documents are produced to a high standard, that deadlines are met, the diary is managed effectively and that enquiries are processed in an informed, friendly and professional manner.
1. Dealing with post exchange and completion matters including the drafting of basic completion statements.
2. Checking OS1 and K16 searches (priority and bankruptcy searches).
3. Replying to basic e-mails from various different parties
4. Dealing with basic correspondence from clients on an ad hoc basis.
5. Dealing with basic requisitions that arise with the Land Registry.
6. Meeting with client to check there passports and ID documentation.
7. First draft of MG01 forms and registering mortgages and rent deposit deeds at Companies House.
8. Typing of documents i.e. copy and audio typing via digital dictation and amending documents.
9. Electronic and hard copy filing which will need to be done daily.
10. Opening new client files and sending appropriate documentation i.e. completed file opening sheet, money laundering form and money laundering documents to accounts in a timely manner.
11. Setting up and maintaining new files.
12. Monthly billing for the Partners which includes typing up bills, editing and collating final versions to be forwarded to accounts and then sending out to the client or other appropriate person.
13. Editing documents using track changes, cross-referencing, auto numbering, spell check and formatting.
14. Responsible for the diary management for the Partner(s). Arrange client and internal meetings including travel and accommodation if needed.
16. Taking telephone messages and making calls to and from clients, agents or surveyors and assisting with non-legal based queries.
17. For residential transactions; clear knowledge of the process and timings.
18. Complete the following forms online; SDLT Returns, Land Registry forms, Companies House and Court forms.
19. Carry out property searches and download information from Local Authority websites.