Legal Secretary - Costs
Job Title: PT Costs Legal Secretary
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000 pro rata depending on experience (£10,800 - £13,800 actual for 24 hours)
Job Type: Part time (24 hours), Permanent
Express Solicitors is a top 200 Law firm that specialises in all areas of personal injury including public liability, occupier's liability, road traffic accidents, employer's liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence. We pride ourselves in the work we do helping injured people.
We are Law Society accredited and are a Legal 500 Leading Firm for both Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Six of our Partners are members of the Law Society Specialist Personal Injury Panel.
Our employees are our most important asset and have been instrumental in helping us recover millions of pounds each year for injured people. No doubt at Express Solicitors we rate skill and ability above all else and our recruitment policy encourages applications from all.
We are now looking for a part time legal secretary to join our costs department as they continue to grow and expand. The role will be working within a close pool of secretaries, working together to support our fee earners with audio typing and the preparation of documents and correspondence. Working as a legal secretary you will also use your excellent interpersonal skills in liaising directly with clients and third parties. Our legal secretaries also get involved with diary management and of course filing!
This part time role is for 24 hours a week, we are happy to consider a range of different working patterns.
- Working in a pool of legal secretaries assisting a number of Fee Earners.
- Preparing correspondence and documents including pleadings and court bundles.
- Photocopying and scanning documents (with assistance from Administration team if needed).
- Take and make calls to clients and others in a professional and friendly manner.
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and liaise with lawyers, clients, Counsel and others.
- Supporting other secretaries and the administration team as required.
- Helping to update the Proclaim case management system where possible.
- We are heading towards being a paperless office but there still will be some filing.
- It's really important that you have some experience working as a legal secretary, but we are happy to teach you all about personal injury.
- An excellent command of spelling, punctuation and grammar (Grade C and above at GCSE for English and Maths as a minimum)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, if you have knowledge of the Proclaim case management system that would be even better.
- Audio typing skills of 65+wpm, ideally with digital dictation experience.
- Ability to prioritise daily workload/good time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills, including professional and friendly telephone manner.
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to a max of 26 days, plus bank/public hols. Please note, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year and 3 holidays are reserved for this period.
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years' service
- Death in Service - 2 x salary based on annual salary only - eligibility commences when you join the company
- Active social committee, firm pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Chester Races, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue
- Active training culture and various groups and events such as Diversity & Inclusion.
- Netball / Football team, 10km Manchester team and more.
- Usual ancillary benefits including Employee Assistance Programme etc.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; PA, Legal Typist, Typist, Legal PA, Secretary, Legal Administrator, Legal Office Support, Legal Assistant, Legal Business Support, Fee Earner Support will also be considered for this role.
- Legal PA
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Administrator
- Legal Typist
- Legal Office Support
- Legal Business Support
- Fee Earner Support
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'