Our established and professional legal client is seeking a secretary within their corporate / commercial department to join their team.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide comprehensive secretarial support within the Department.
- To ensure documents and correspondence relating to all matters are processed quickly and accurately as directed by fee-earners
- To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, ensuring messages are passed on without unnecessary delay.
- To ensure that the firm's file management procedures are accurately carried out, including filing of all correspondence, attendance notes and time records
- To set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee-earner and in accordance with the firm’s file management procedures
- To make travel arrangements or any other personal arrangements for fee earners as and when required
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary for the fee earner concerned
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Practice and client's documentation, and/or information
- To maintain time records of telephone calls, letters written and attendances on clients
- To adhere to the Practice Quality Policy
- To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated
- Ability to take responsibility and help fee earner to deliver quality service to clients
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills (both written and oral)
- Excellent Team player and willingness to provide support and assistance to other secretaries as and when required
- Able to manage competing priorities with a flexible attitude to work and meeting deadlines
- Confident and professional at all times
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working within a Coco Department would be ideal
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook for diary management
- Fast and accurate audio typing speed
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in using case management systems/databases for client management
Excellent opportunity to join a superb firm.
First Recruitment Services are acting as an employment agency for this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job