Job Title: Legal Secretary - Corporate Commercial
Hours: Working hours will be 9am to 5pm but with flexibility to arrive earlier and stay later when the job or business requires.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary join this leading law firm based in Richmond.
- To provide Fee Earners with the high level administrative support they need to provide seamless legal services to clients and help them maximise the amount of time they are able to spend on fee-earning tasks.
- To assist their allocated Fee Earners by providing proactive administrative and typing document support.
- To act as workflow manager for other support services such as Document Production, Floor Support and Facilities in respect of the team's work and delegate work to them as appropriate.
- To include delegating and supervising the completion of document production, file management and copying/scanning work.
- To take an active interest in and obtain a thorough understanding of all aspects of client requirement to provide exceptional service levels to both the Fee Earners and clients.
- Typing and document production.
- Manage diaries, ensuring they are up to date and remind Fee Earners of meetings, etc., on a daily basis.
- Arrange meetings, book conference rooms, refreshments, check rooms prior to meetings, etc., and liaise with other attendees, both internal and external.
- Organise travel arrangements, book and confirm reservations and deal with related details.
- Arrange, or, where not appropriate, conduct photocopying, printing, organising couriers, sending out letters, faxes, etc.
- Arrange for files to be opened and closed; ensure that general filing requirements and record keeping requirements are met.
- Use effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales.
- Support Fee Earners in marketing activities, including involvement in preparation of tenders and presentations.
- Produce and mail out client invoices
- Take internal and external telephone queries, responding as appropriate, and/or ensuring that all messages are passed on in a timely manner.
- Monitor post and/or e-mails and dealing with as appropriate and ensure that all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate Fee Earner, if the relevant person is out of the office.
- Liaise with business support departments on behalf of the Fee Earners as required.
- Liaise with the office's Team Leader over any planned absences, arranging cover as necessary and communicating this to the relevant Fee Earners well in advance.
Client Relationship Management
- Become an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients.
- Enter, maintain and update client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system.
- Deal with basic client queries and general administration.
- Arrange client meetings.
- Type correspondence and e-mails.
- Produce and maintain Excel spreadsheets as required.
- Double check correspondence, attachments, documents, reports, presentations, faxes, etc., produced by the Document Production team before they are passed on to the relevant Fee Earner and undertake basic/minor amendments where appropriate. Document Production will check their output but some Fee Earners may require you to check.
A Legal Secretary has the responsibility to ensure that their skill set is up to date, and they are familiar with the firm's departments, key personnel, clients, internal systems and procedures. This will ensure that the Legal Secretary is able to carry out his or her role effectively and, where appropriate, should discuss any training requirements with the Line Manager for their office.
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://equal-opportunities/