Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Property Legal Secretary to join our client, a passionate and prestigious law firm.
The purpose of this role is to provide vital legal secretarial support to the Commercial Property team, directly reporting to, two newly appointed partners. Great secretarial support is a key component in any Law Firm and enables Lawyers to focus on client care and fee earning work.
Main duties and requirements:
- Providing secretarial support to the partners, including preparing correspondence and documents through fast and accurate audio-typing and word processing. Confidently working through your work load using your own initiative.
- Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
- Opening, maintaining and closing files at both Client and Matter level.
- Closing, storing and retrieving client files.
- Dealing with title deeds including; requesting title deeds from lenders, scheduling deeds and arranging storage and retrieval of title deeds in accordance with office procedures.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Obtaining copy documents and office copy entries from the Land Registry using their online portal.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings; including liaising with reception staff to organise facilities such as rooms and refreshments, and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the partners.
- Attending clients, both in person and on the telephone, and providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in-keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
- Contributing as a team member including providing support to other secretaries as required.
- Undertaking any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and the Firm’s client’s information and documentation.
- Contributing to the Firm’s overall business objectives by offering support to other departments when appropriate.
- On occasion work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Firm considers necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Preparing transactional documents and amending documents using track changes and preparing clean copy documents from previously track changed documents.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills, including digital dictation and integrated legal software systems.
- Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
If you are a self-motivated, professional individual looking to take the next step in your legal career, we want to hear from you. Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, Apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job