Are you an experienced Legal Secretary looking for a new challenge?
Jazz Personnel have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Commercial Litigation Legal Secretary to join our client, a prestigious law firm based in Newcastle City Centre.
The purpose of this role is to provide vital legal secretarial support to the commercial legal team. Great secretarial support is a key component in any law firm and enables Lawyers to focus on client care and fee earning work.
Main duties and requirements:
- Providing secretarial support to those required, including preparing correspondence and documents through fast and accurate audio-typing and word processing. Confidently working through your work load using your own initiative.
- Administering both manual and electronic filing daily.
- Opening, maintaining and closing files at both Client and Matter level.
- Closing, storing and retrieving client files.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Making appointments and arranging meetings; including liaising with reception staff to organise facilities such as rooms and refreshments, and maintaining an up-to-date diary for the partners.
- Attending clients, both in person and on the telephone, and providing such support in a professional and friendly manner in-keeping with the Firm's standards for client care.
- Undertaking any specific training when required by the Firm and to have overall responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of all the Firm's and the Firm's client's information and documentation.
- Contributing to the Firm's overall business objectives by offering support to other departments when appropriate.
- On occasion work such hours outside normal hours of employment as the Firm considers necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience of working in a legal environment along with relevant departmental experience is desirable.
- Fast and accurate audio and copy typing skills, including digital dictation and integrated legal software systems.
- Excellent English grammar/spelling; familiarity with legal terminology and numerical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience in dealing with a range of clients via telephone and face-to-face.
- Ability to organise and prioritise your workload to the required standard and within the required timescales.
If you are a self-motivated, professional individual looking to take the next step in your legal career, we want to hear from you. Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity, Apply now!