About the role :
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide direct support to his/her department to enable the department to operate at optimum efficiency. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below. The legal secretary is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
About responsibilities and requirements:
• To input all client contact data at the beginning of each new instruction for the department.
• To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and word-processing.
• To administer filing, which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the Office Manual.
• To archive, retrieve and record all Wills.
• To arrange for all copying to be done in person for the department. To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for his/her principal.
• To provide refreshments when asked to do so.
• To provide support to other secretaries as required.
• To provide guidance to temporary secretaries when required to do so.
• To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the Firm’s standards for client care.
• To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
• To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
• To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
To be considered for this position it is essential to have completed an ILEX course.
Apply now for immediate consideration or please call for a confidential conversation.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01622 608 290
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'