We are currently looking for an experienced Legal Secretary and Office Manager to join our successful client, based in Canterbury. You will be providing secretarial and administrative support to the Director and Department. The role will require strong audio typing skills and ideally legal secretary experience, as well as experience of running a smooth and efficient office.
Furthermore, the role will also involve:
- Providing full secretarial support to Director, including arranging appointments
- Dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system
- Diary management and diary notes
- Providing ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences
- Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner
- Regular consideration of client files and liaising with Director on any action required
- Maintaining and coordinating Director’s diary and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary
- To provide ad hoc secretarial cover for sickness and holiday absences in the team when needed.
Office Manager duties will involve:
- Liaising with HR Manager to arrange secretarial cover for holiday/sickness etc.,
- When necessary, ensuring smooth running of office and allocating/distributing work
- Maintaining holiday and sickness schedule and returning to HR Manager and Payroll on a monthly basis
- Receiving and dealing with minor staff problems wherever possible; referring as necessary
- Liaising with the Branch Partner with regard to office furniture, health and safety compliance and maintenance of branch office
- Liaising with the IT Manager to resolve office equipment/pc hardware/software problems
- Liaising with office cleaning contractor and photocopier engineer as required
- Local Induction of new staff; office orientation, fire exits, health and safety
- Regular reconciliation of petty cash
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong audio typing skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task
This is a really exciting opportunity offering a salary of up to £20,500 depending on experience.
Apply today and don’t miss out!
- Audio Typing
- Office Manager
- Secretarial Support
- Digital Dictation
- Safety Compliance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job