This role sits in our Real Estate team, which encompasses environment, project planning, real estate finance and real estate litigation. The team advise on every stage of the life cycle of your property, with areas of expertise including construction, development, energy and infrastructure, hotel and leisure, investment, landlord and tenant matters, planning, environment and compulsory purchase, property litigation, real estate finance and real estate tax.
- Ensure client meeting clashes do not occur.
- Partners/fee earners have all the required materials for their client meetings.
- Arrange meetings on behalf of partners/fee earners/clients
- Ensure business travel information is entered into calendars.
- Opening and closing files including ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date.
- Mailbox management with the ability to prioritise, categorise and respond to basic client requests and draft responses.
- Monitoring and being the gatekeeper to fee-earners' mailbox in their absence.
- Communicate regularly with fee earners to ensure that both parties are clear on priorities and what is on the 'to do' list.
- To undertake limited typing i.e urgent documents (digital and non-digital dictation).
- Proactive client liaison including take messages, pass on information and deal with simple queries.
- Pro-actively delegate work to the relevant Legal Support Services team
Management and co-ordination of the Partners’ billing and financial requirements which includes:-
Proactive billing and credit control:
- Check Evergreen to ensure that partners / fee earners time recording is up to date - remind where necessary and remind Partners / senior associates of final billing day for the month end.
- Liaise with Billing for Partner WIP reports:
- Run WIP reports and distribute to Partners and chase Partners for client matters numbers for printing billing guides and draft invoice; and
- check with Partners/senior associates to ensure that all matters they want to invoice have been billed.
- Build an understanding of each client's different billing requirements to ensure that invoices are not rejected.
- Prepare specific draft billing narratives where required.
- Prepare draft letters/emails to accompany sensitive invoices, thank you letters etc.
- Submit invoices on behalf of Partners and respond to clients on billing issues.
- Build relationships with Client PAs/accounts departments to ensure that billing issues are resolved quickly.
Opening new clients:
- Prepare and complete AML form for partner to sign:
- pull together correct information required for AML and liaise with clients
- Prepare and send Engagement letters to clients on partner's behalf.
- Organisation of meeting agendas, presentations and meeting papers
- Uploading and updating content on the website including; lawyer profiles, blogs and briefing papers
- Upload photography to fee earner profiles on the website
- Upload files to the website to create links for hyperlinking in emails
- Proof reading and hyperlinking keywords in the text to relevant target pages on all content added to the site
- Collating and maintaining Master CVs for each fee-earner and sorting by partner, director and other grade
- Updating bids credentials lists with matters from Chambers after each directories round
- Credentials database - adding to it by practice and sector
- Bidding library - adding to it by sector and sub-sector
- InterAction - management of fee earners' contact data including recording BD activities, updating marketing lists, assisting with pipeline/opportunity updates
- Collating information for expressions of interests and credentials documents
- Providing About Us documents
- Organising conference calls on behalf of fee earners.
- Organising transport, accommodation and related documentation for international travel as required. Produce itinerary as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience
- Legal Administrator experience
- Ability to liaise with Courts and Counsel
- Experience of producing court bundles (hard copies and soft copies) to a high standard. Time Recording using L360.
- Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
- Must be a competent, fast and accurate typist.
- Must be competent at producing legal documents to a high standard.
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to accurately record and pass on messages.
- Microsoft Office IT skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook
- Proven document or case management skills (Fieldfisher use Worksite).
- Proven experience of using a legal computerised finance system.
- Proven experience of using a Client Relationship Management system (Fieldfisher use InterAction).
- Legal Support Services
- Real Estate
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'