Job Title: Legal PA
Practice Group: Risk Advisory Services (RAS)
Department: Litigation, Regulatory & Tax (LRT)
Hours of work:
Full time 35 hours - 9.00am to 5.00pm, with flexibility to meet the demands of the job.
This role is providing PA support to 5 fee earners within the LRT department.
The LRT department as a whole is currently made up of 10 fee earners, comprising 2 Partners, 1 Legal Director, 2 Senior Associates, 3 Associates, 1 Solicitor and 1 Trainee Solicitor, plus 1 full-time Legal PA and 1 full-time Team Administrator.
Purpose of the role: To provide proactive and professional PA support to a group of lawyers within the LRT department. It is important that secretarial services are delivered to the business in a manner which is consistent with the increasingly competitive environment in which the firm operates. This role is intended to embrace a team-working approach, collaborating with lawyers and other members of support staff to fulfil the needs of the business. In addition to being assigned to a number of specific lawyers, it is expected that a Legal PA will work with every member of the team to ensure that the overall needs of the practice group are met.
- Client Service
- Your responsibility to deliver excellent service to our clients
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients and their teams and developing knowledge of the Group's clients and their business
- Actively contributing to client service initiatives in the group, including attending client events and seminars where required
Planning & Organisation
How you use your organisational skills to ensure the lawyers you work with have the information they need on a daily basis
- Liaising regularly (at least on a weekly basis) with lawyers to identify lawyers' work commitments and prioritising your workload accordingly
- Diary management for the senior lawyers including arranging meetings and appointments for lawyers, both internally and externally, ensuring the Outlook diary is up to date and holds all the necessary information in relation to the appointment including taking responsibility for booking travel, meeting rooms and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments.
- Proactive advance monitoring of lawyers' diaries, reminding lawyers of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that lawyers have all supporting paperwork and necessary information for each meeting or appointment
- Liaising with the travel company to make travel and accommodation arrangements (UK and international), keeping lawyers advised of any changes in scheduling and ensuring they have an accurate and up to date itinerary and all the relevant travel details are in their Outlook calendar
- Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on lawyers' behalf and taking ownership of the issue, following up where appropriate
How you assist lawyers in their communications with colleagues and clients
- Taking ownership of answering lawyers' telephone calls when they are unavailable, taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly, trying to assist and answer any non-legal queries if possible and ensuring the caller receives a satisfactory response
- Screening, prioritising and dealing with lawyers' incoming e-mails, post and voicemail when lawyers are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding where able and appropriate
- Management and co-ordination of lawyers' e-mails, including electronic filing and printing
- Preparing presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars
- Drafting short letters, memos or notes (non legal content) in a literate and professional manner
- Document & File Management
- How you ensure that the documentation we produce is of the highest quality and our files are accurate and up to date
- Managing production of documents (produced in-house and externally), co-ordinating changes made including taking responsibility for the consistency of those documents (eg, formatting, numbering, deltaview etc), utilising Exigent (the firm's transcription provider) wherever possible
- Managing audio typing, drafting correspondence, producing documents/letters/e-mails and memos, utilising Exigent wherever possible, taking responsibility for collating correspondence and enclosures
- Acting as a point of liaison between lawyers and Exigent, taking responsibility for clarifying any queries raised by Exigent and printing and collating work returned by Exigent.
- Opening client files, including completing conflict searches and money laundering checks in conjunction with lawyers, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and maintaining client files on a day to day basis, including filing where required
- Ensuring documents are filed on Desksite with correct file and matter details so that they can be located easily
- Undertaking regular reviews of files and papers for lawyers, checking account balances and liaising with lawyers to ensure that all files which are not current are archived and deeds are put in storage
- Taking complete responsibility for any copying, faxing or scanning required by lawyers, including preparation of large files, bibles or bundles of documents (hard copy and electronic), including pagination and indexing
Business Development/Relationship Management
How you can contribute to developing the firm's business and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients and potential clients
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'