Fieldfisher is a European law firm with market leading practices in many of the world's most dynamic sectors. We are an exciting, forward-thinking organisation with a particular focus on technology, finance & financial services and energy & natural resources.
Our growing European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley, Beijing and Shanghai teams. Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
Clients choose to work with us because we deliver commercial, pragmatic and innovative solutions through our exceptional legal expertise and experience, on time and on budget.
We have more than 600 lawyers spread over nine locations, all providing highly commercial advice based on an in-depth understanding of our clients' needs. We operate across our offices in Amsterdam, Brussels, China, Paris, Germany, Italy, UK, and the US - Silicon Valley. In the UK, we have approximately 700 people working in the London, Manchester and Birmingham.
The firm is growing rapidly and its revenue for 2016/17 was £165 million. The UK accounts for approximately 70% of the headcount.
The Firm were named Law Firm of the Year at the British Legal Awards 2017 then again in 2018 at the Prestigious Legal Business Awards.The Team
This role will support Mark Webber, a US Managing Partner on the Technology and Outsourcing team specialising in international technology and internet. He is a leading specialist in EU based technology transactions and advises particularly on enterprise solutions, partnering, sales channels and legal issues relating to the internet or cloud services.
The Technology, Outsourcing and Privacy team acts for public and private sector customers and suppliers, clients range from start-ups through to government departments and multi-nationals. They advise on a wide range of technology, privacy and data security related issues. This role will support a partner who is based in our Silicon Valley office.Responsibilities
This role will be based in Belfast and will remotely support a US partner who is based in Silicon Valley.
- Diary management responsibilities including making appointments, organising meetings and ensuring the smooth running of such meetings including ordering refreshments etc. as appropriate.
- File management responsibilities. Opening and closing files including ensuring electronic filing systems are maintained accurately and up to date. Undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence.
- Proactive client liaison including take messages, pass on information and deal with simple queries.
- Work collaboratively with other secretarial support to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
- Management and co-ordination of the Partners’ billing and financial requirements.
- Audio and copy typing of legal documentation and correspondence to a high standard.
- Manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required.
- Organising conference calls on behalf of the fee earners in a timely fashion.
- Organising transport, accommodation and related documentation for international travel as required.
- Prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner.
- Maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact list.
- Support Marketing and Business Development administration e.g. prepare alerters, presentations, contact sheets etc.
- Any additional ad hoc tasks as required.
- Experienced Legal Secretary/PA.
- Must possess excellent diary management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and build good relationships with clients and staff within the firm.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Must be a competent, fast and accurate typist.
- Must be competent at producing legal documents to a high standard.
- Professional telephone manner and the ability to accurately record and pass on messages.
- Sound technical skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office IT skills - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook (Fieldfisher uses Microsoft 2010).
- Proven document or case management skills (Fieldfisher use Worksite).
- Proven experience of using a legal computerised finance system.
- Proven experience of using a Client Relationship Management system (Fieldfisher use InterAction).
- Minimum typing speed of 65 wpm with a good level of accuracy
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'