The salary being offered for the role is between £22k-£26k plus benefits and the hours of work will be 35 per week.
This role is to work within the Finance and project department and you will be provoding Legal PA support to an allocated group within the department.
Purpose of the role:
Provide proactive and professional Legal PA support to allocated group.
Services to be delivered to the business in a manner which is consistent with the increasingly competitive environment in which the Firm operates.
This role is intended to embrace a team-working approach, collaborating with lawyers and other members of Business Operations to fulfil the needs of the business. In addition to being assigned to a number of specific lawyers, it is expected that a Legal PA will work with every member of the team to ensure that overall needs are met.
Support may need to be provided to staff from more than one business unit and numbers and content of the group may change from time to time to reflect the current structure of the Firm.
· Building and maintaining effective relationships with both internal and external clients and their teams and developing knowledge of their business
· Actively contributing to client service initiatives in the group, including attending client events and seminars where required
· Developing and maintaining core sector understanding to support delivery of optimum client service
Planning and organising
Liaising regularly (at least on a weekly basis) with lawyers to identify work commitments and prioritising your workload accordingly
· Proactively identify areas of responsibility and tasks you can take ownership of
· Diary management for lawyers including arranging meetings and appointments, both internally and externally, ensuring the Outlook diary is up to date and holds all the necessary information in relation to the appointment including taking responsibility for booking travel, meeting rooms and arranging for necessary equipment and refreshments
· Proactive advance monitoring of lawyers' diaries, reminding them of diary commitments and taking responsibility for the provision of all supporting paperwork and necessary information for each meeting
· Liaising with the travel company to make travel and accommodation arrangements (UK and international), keeping lawyers advised of any changes in scheduling and ensuring they have an accurate and up to date itinerary and all the relevant travel details are in the Outlook diary
· Liaising with Business Operations to resolve problems on lawyers' behalf and taking ownership of the issue, following up where appropriate
· Delegation of appropriate work types/requests to all available support services in order to promote optimum efficiency
The ideal candidate will have a flexible and adaptable approach to work, they will be reliable and hardworking, remain calm when working under pressure, must have the ability to work to tight deadlines, distribute workload and be an active team member.
The nature of the role also requires a self-starter who is extremely organised with the ability to juggle priorities and work on their own initiative, recognising the need for absolute confidentiality and professionalism.
Strong communication skills are essential.
If you have Legal PA experience and you would like to work for one of the largest Law firms in Birmingham then please apply today.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business