We are looking for a Legal PA who can demonstrate secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level.
You will provide first class administrative support and secretarial service to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates and other work providers.
You will be supporting the Legal Support Team Leaders in ensuring a high level of client service and provision of quality secretarial services in order to contribute to a world class 24 hour administration service.
We place an important emphasis on the development and well being of our people. We look to enable all of our employees to be the best they can be in order for them to deliver an excellent client service. We provide a specifically tailored Learning & Development Programme for all staff in Secretarial Services, a structured induction programme for all of our new joiners, a buddy scheme, and offer excellent career development opportunities. Our Secretarial Services staff enjoy an inclusive and supportive culture.
- To pro-actively manage diaries, arrange meetings
- To undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence
- To make travel arrangements (visas, flights, hotels, dinners)
- To support fee earner administrative activities (for example, bundling, indexing, general organisation etc.)
- To support client activities and requirements in a proactive manner, liaising with clients e.g. take messages, pass on information, deal with simple queries, meet and greet and client events
- To prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner
- To manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required
- To ensure documents returned to fee earner accurately reflect the original request before returning work, including proofreading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation
- To undertake general filing administration, liaising with Filing Administrator as appropriate
- To undertake limited typing i.e. urgent short documents (digital and non digital dictation)
- To work collaboratively with other secretarial support for the Department, to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients
- To ensure that there is comprehensive telephone cover across the department, in accordance with the standard operating procedure
- To organise and liaise with Filing Administrators for routine administration tasks and the Document Support Unit for document production/amendments
- To provide personal support (non BM related), subject to PA's discretion
- To maintain CRM by updating InterAction and maintaining fee earner contact list
- To support Marketing and BD administration e.g. prepare pitch documents, arrange marketing events, ad hoc research
- To support billing processes and timesheets
- To co ordinate Training administration e.g. book rooms/refreshments, arrange printing of slides and materials, ensure equipment and room set up, create attendance sheet and collect signatures for CPD purposes, liaising with L&D Team
- To support less experienced members of the team e.g. mentoring or buddying
- To work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Career-minded candidates who have legal sector or other professional services experience / background, i.e. from the Big Four or banking sector.
- 'Can-do' attitude, demonstrates proactivity and takes the initiative
- Consistently demonstrates secretarial competencies to the highest level in all areas
- Strong technical skills, including proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- High level organisational skills
- Understanding of the importance of Client Service
- People Management experience
- Working knowledge of house style, document management systems, templates and precedents
- Flexibility, Dedication, Humanity and Efficiency
Diversity and Inclusion
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened in 1961, Baker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and is regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. We can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of a leading law firm but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- Acritas’ Sharplegal Global Elite Brand Index, 2016</
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job