We are looking for an experienced Legal PA to provide complex and specialised secretarial and administrative support to assigned fee earners within the Corporate practice of a Global Law Firm in London. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare documents to support fee earners which may include transcribing from dictation, drafts, handwritten notes or oral instruction, redlining and proofreading.
- Travel arrangements, arrange meetings (book meeting rooms, confirm appointments/details, distribute/prepare material where required) and diary management.
- Prepare presentation slides and materials for internal/external meetings and seminars
- Assist with the production of bills and liaise with the Accounting and Finance department where required.
- Prepare New Business Forms for new and existing clients, conflict sheets and engagement letters.
- Maintain current floater instructions, and client/matters lists.
- Coordinate internal procedures and compile backup materials for fee earner/paralegal preparation of audit letter responses.
- Deal with telephone enquiries, managing client enquiries/requests for meetings and taking accurate messages and passing them on promptly or trying to assist, if appropriate
- Use the CRM tool to support business development in the firm, including taking ownership of contact information for fee earner’s contacts and updating, maintaining and resolving conflicts.
- Managing fee earner work, allocating and prioritising tasks on a daily basis.
- Prepare expense reports and travel reimbursements.
- Prepare and arrange couriers, document production and facsimile requests as needed.
- Maintain good client relationships for the fee earners
- Assist and take ownership for internal/external queries, seeking out information and resolving queries, where appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times, flagging any concerns or issues at the appropriate level.
- Provide assistance to other Partners and fee earners during the absence of other secretaries in the team, as and when required
The Successful Applicant:
- Fast and accurate typing (minimum typing speed 65WPM).
- Advanced knowledge of Word, MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Acrobat.
- After orientation, exhibit proficiency in all Firm specific applications including WorkSite/FileSite, IntApp, eDictation, the CRM tool, WorkShare, Litera ChangePro, Best Authority and scanning software.
- Ability to strip document formatting and reformat in house style.
- Previous Corporate legal secretarial experience in a law firm environment.
- A secretarial qualification preferred
This is a full time permanent role, in a fantastic London law firm. The working hours are 9.30 to 5.30 and the salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience. The Legal PA will ultimately report to the Senior HR Manager.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy please submit your CV through Reed and do not hesitate to contact Rowena Bubb of Lewis Row Ltd for further information and a discussion.
- Law Firm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job