Legal Officer (FTC) required in Cardiff
Our client is a well-known Housing Association and Care provider looking for a Legal Officer to work on a project, liaising with external conveyancing solicitors who are completing a report on title of 150 properties for a new loan facility. The project will last approx. 8 weeks and will involve:
- Sourcing, analysing and providing the information to the solicitors.
- Dealing with and responding appropriately to any solicitor queries on the information provided.
The role will be suitable for a legal professional who has great experience within conveyancing. You will need to be tenacious, persuasive and confident in their subject knowledge. You must be able to work autonomously and have excellent attention to detail.
The role can be part time (at least 20 hours per week) but there is scope to be a full time role so the right candidate can work outside of the project.
Objectives of the job:
- Responsible for maintaining legal documentation for all of the Association’s property portfolio to ensure that it can maximise its ability to raise finance against this portfolio.
- Act as an internal legal advisor on property related matters.
You will be expected to perform all the duties outlined in this job description. In addition your Manager may reasonably request that you perform other duties not included in this job description either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create and maintain policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- Maintaining clean title to all Association’s properties to ensure it can maximise its ability to borrow money against its property portfolio.
- Advise and assist with any property disposals.
- Maintain an asset register of properties identifying those that are with and those without legal charge.
- Prepare unencumbered properties with the necessary documentation to be used as security for future financing.
- Maintain property files for each title containing planning permissions, satisfaction of planning conditions, site investigation reports, building guarantees and warranties, section agreements and other relevant documentation to meet the requirements of lenders and their solicitors.
- Review and improve where possible property titles and make the appropriate applications to the Land Registry.
- Ensure we have good title for new developments as soon as they are complete and ensure property address updates are completed at Land Registry.
- Work with colleagues and the Association’s solicitors in collating property information as required for loan security.
- Carry out sample searches against properties where necessary to identify and deal with potential issues.
- Resolving technical legal queries raised by solicitors about properties to be used as security.
- Obtaining Welsh Government consent to disposals by way of mortgage
- Work with Local Authorities and others to improve the terms of section 106 and similar agreements.
- Advise and assist with legal matters in relation to Right to Buy and Right to Acquire enquiries and transactions, and prepare for sale and instruction of the Association’s own solicitors.
- Chartered Legal Executive / Licenced Conveyancer or similar.
- Relevant experience working in UK property law.
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office inc Outlook, Word and Excel.
If you think this is the role for you, please apply now
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'