Harvey John are working with an established and reputable firm of Solicitors in Tunbridge Wells who are looking for an experience Finance Operations Manager to join their team in Kent.
This is a newly created position, due to the continued commercial success of the firm. You'll oversee the finance operational teams including the billing, credit control and cashiering departments. The position will also report directly into the Head of Finance, offering excellent exposure to the financial strategy of the wider business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Legal finance professional looking to make a step up into a challenging, fast-paced and modern working environment.
- Reviewing and introduce changes ensuring operational finance procedures are commercially focused, meet changing business needs and regulatory requirements effectively and efficiently
- Driving integration of operational finance teams and procedures across the multiple sites
- Adapting the operational finance teams and processes to IT system changes
- Overseeing the operational finance teams, including recruitment, management and development of staff, according to reporting lines
- Working with the Revenue Manager, Divisional and Team Heads to meet business needs
- Driving initiatives to streamline processes and instil discipline
- Maintaining robust WIP management and credit control processes
- Oversee the administration of the WIP valuation process and reserving for doubtful debts
- Ensuring financial/operating procedures comply with relevant legislation
- Ad-hoc travel between office locations
- Experienced people manager within a legal environment, working at a senior level
- A natural people person and able to deal with cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- Able to work using your own initiative, free from supervision
- Excellent IT skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to demonstrate technical expertise and commercial awareness
- A skilled negotiator and proactive problem solver
- An organised and methodical individual, you'll manage priorities and achieve timely results
- Able to demonstrate confidentiality and integrity
What's on offer
- Opportunity to work with one of the leading firms in the South East
- 36.25 hour working week (some flexibility can be considered)
- Annual salary reviews
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care, health insurance and life cover
If you would like to hear more about this Legal Finance Manager position in Tunbridge Wells, please apply online or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'