Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Legal Executive to join their Asset Finance team, part of their Litigation & Dispute Resolution group.
You will work with a team that acts for some well-known household names and develop bespoke industry-specific legal skills, by assisting partners and solicitors within the team with both contentions and non- contentious cases; this is a real opportunity for development within the role.
You will also interact effectively with existing clients and support business development activities with potential clients.
Your key duties will be:
- handling a caseload of both contentious and non-contentious, complex and less-complex matters, which will consist of repeated instructions from institutional clients, as well as undertaking standalone instructions from a cohort of individual commercial clients
- running cases efficiently and cost effectively and within strict service level agreements as required by the client
- having active involvement in business development activities, both individually and as part of a team
- reviewing defences and dealing with disclosure
Skills and experience you will have:
- a minimum of 6 months’ previous experience in a similar role
- a BVC, LPC or CILEx (or equivalent) qualification is desirable
- previous experience of contentious legal work is preferred
- previous experience in drafting documentation for sending letters before action, and dealing with negotiations on disputed cases
- previous experience in drafting and issuing claim forms and particulars of claim, and handling the case during the Court process through to Judgment and enforcement
Key competencies you will need:
- to have excellent drafting skills
- to have excellent organisational and time-management ability
- strong negotiation and communication skills
- to be motivated and ambitious; someone who is keen to develop a practice and career at the firm
- strong researching skills
- the ability to build rapport with colleagues and clients alike
- a willingness and enthusiastic desire to learn and develop whilst on the job
f responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"