Howdens is looking for a Legal Counsel to be a part of our small legal team, based in Northamptonshire. As a market leading, FTSE 250 business, this role offers a pro-active Legal Counsel an excellent opportunity to use their commercial acumen to identify and exploit creative solutions that will demonstrably assist the business in delivering its objectives.
Reporting to our Head of Legal, this role will offer you an interesting challenge within a supportive working environment. As Legal Counsel, you will support the Commercial, IT and other divisions within the business to ensure we maximise profit through effective contract management and the provision of practical legal advice.
As Legal Counsel, you will need to be a qualified Solicitor with a proven track record of working with commercial contracts. You will also have the necessary gravitas and credibility to be able to confidently assist with data protection queries and advise the business on advertising and aspects of brand management. As Legal Counsel, you will be an excellent communicator who is able to foster strong working relationships as you’ll need to be seen as a trusted counsellor with integrity and a straight-forward approach.
Key skills and experience required:
- Qualified solicitor, NQ - 2 years PQE, with experience of negotiating commercial contracts
- Ability to work on own initiative, planning and monitoring progress of workloads and meeting deadlines
- Strong commercial skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organised and able to adapt to an ever-changing environment with conflicting commercial needs and demanding deadlines
- Experience of data protection legislation and its practical applications
- Experience in dealing with queries relating to intellectual property matters
- In-house experience preferable
- Willing and able to travel to other locations at least once a month (London, Watford, Howden)
Howdens is a highly successful FTSE 250 business, with more than 750 depots nationwide and more than 10,000 staff. Last year our sales reached c.£1.5billion and we continue to experience significant growth and success. Despite our scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We have a very competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday increasing to 27 days after 5 years, annual company bonus car allowance or company car, private healthcare and a competitive contributory pension. There are free refreshments and snacks, onsite car parking, subsidised gym membership, exceptional social events and a friendly and supportive working environment. As well as the opportunity to develop within a high-profile FTSE 250 company, you will be part of a rewarding organisation recognised for excellence in the workplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'