Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is looking for an experienced Legal Counsel to join our Legal Team based in Cheltenham or the option to work remotely is also available. Your role will be to provide legal expertise alongside the General Counsel and Director of Compliance. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, although part time working will be considered and in return, will receive a highly competitive salary of £36,000 - £45,000 depending on experience (pro-rata for part-time).
This role will report to the General Counsel and Director of Compliance.
HESA exists to enhance the competitive strength of UK higher education by collecting, analysing, and disseminating data about the UK HE sector. We provide a trusted source of information, supporting better decision making, and promoting public trust, to support this strategy.
Our strategy is delivered through our people. Ensuring that our staff have the skills, capabilities, and tools to do their jobs effectively is therefore a key theme underpinning all our activities and objectives. This includes providing opportunities for development, growth, and learning.
Responsibilities of our Legal Counsel:
- Providing proactive legal advice in respect of all general matters arising at all levels across the businesses of HESA and HESA Services Limited, including in relation to data protection law and contracts and the terms contained and issues that arise in such contracts.
- Delegation to, and supervision, of the Legal Assistants regarding specific tasks being undertaken on the Legal Counsel’s behalf.
- In fulfilling the role, working with colleagues across the Agency and with external legal advisors (as required).
- Drafting complex contracts, including data sharing agreements, and negotiating through to conclusion with reference to General Counsel, as necessary.
- Taking responsibility for tasks delegated by General Counsel and Company Secretary in relation to Board and other regulatory matters.
- Providing professional assistance to the General Counsel and Company Secretary in drafting and negotiating complex, strategically important contracts and other documentation.
What we’re looking for in our Legal Counsel:
- You will be educated to degree level, be a qualified Legal Executive or Solicitor with up to 5 years PQE experience in contracts/commercial
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts
- Knowledge and experience of advising on Data Protection law
- Experience of working in-house
- Experience of company secretarial, compliance and governance matters is also desirable.
Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
What can we offer you as our Legal Counsel?
The salary range for this post is £36k - £45k (pro-rata for part-time) dependant on skills and experience. We offer an attractive package with initially 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days (pro-rata), plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; holiday buy/sell scheme; flexible working including remote and home working options; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Application forms should be completed via our recruitment portal; It is planned that any suitable candidates will be interviewed at the earliest possible opportunity.
If you have the skills and experience, we require for this role and are looking for a new challenge then please click ‘apply’ today to be forwarded to our on-line recruitment portal and become our new Legal Counsel.
Thank you for your interest in HESA.
No Agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'