Role: Legal Counsel
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000
Are you a qualified legal professional? We are recruiting for a Legal Counsel, to report into the Head of Legal to support and provide legal advice across a company which plays a central role in supporting competition in the non-household water market. As a Legal Counsel you will have a strong understanding of the impact of legal issues or solutions on the operational activities of a business and have expertise in reviewing and drafting commercial contracts. This role works with a number of internal stakeholders: Heads of Function, Managers and Analysts, of this sounds like the role for you, Apply today!
- Draft any amendments to the market code and review all other drafts to the market code to ensure legal compliance.
- Provide day-to-day legal support and guidance to various internal matters within the organisation.
- Conducting legal research when required.
- Review and recommend changes to policies and procedures as and when required.
- Keep up to date with legislative issues that may impact the organisation.
- Ensure that all board paperwork is produced for all board meetings and providing general support within the company secretariat function.
- Working specifically with market analysts advising and directing on policy and best practice.
- Provide legal support to any litigation as and when required.
- Be an advocate for good governance across the organisation.
- Key accountabilities (operational, financial and people)
- An understanding of the water industry or the wider utilities market and its legislation is desirable.
- Solid communication and influencing skills.
- Commercial in approach, understanding the impact of legal issues or solutions on the operational activities of the business
- Expertise in reviewing and drafting commercial contracts
- Previous experience for working in a legal function within a fast paced organisation in an in-house legal team is preferred but not essential.
- Qualified as a lawyer with 0-2 years PQE
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'