About the Role
We have a 9-12 month fixed term contract opportunity within our award winning in-house Legal team. Based in our Head Office in Bournemouth our specialist team plays a critical role across the LV= group. This role will see you supporting an exciting strategic project and working closely with a Senior Legal Counsel within the team. You will also provide support to the General Counsel and liaise with external solicitors as required.
Whilst the role is primarily focussing on supporting a major project, you may also be required to provide support to the wider team including the provision of legal advice and guidance on a wide range of commercial matters. This may include drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (including financial services distribution arrangements across all parts of our business, technology and general supplier contracts), managing disputes and providing legal input to key strategic projects.
So what are we looking for? Quite simply, someone who’s ready for a challenge, thrives in a fast paced and demanding environment, and has a proven corporate background. Experience in the financial services sector would be desirable although not essential. As a qualified solicitor in England and Wales, you’ll have appropriate post-qualification experience to hit the ground running in our small, friendly but busy team.
You may already be working in-house, or you may be working for a large corporate practice and looking for your first in-house move. Above all you are confident, professional and you understand what it takes to be an effective in-house lawyer operating within a highly regulated financial services environment. You’re personable, passionate and you enjoy being part of a high profile team. You’ll be able to deal with high volumes of work, have good attention to detail and have the ability to work to tight deadlines.
You will have the opportunity:
- To deliver legal support for a strategic project and to agree with Senior Legal Counsel/General Counsel when it is necessary to obtain advice from LV= Group’s external panel firms and to provide clear instructions and liaise with them throughout the project.
- To work as part of the Group Legal function and deliver effective timely legal advice to the LV= Group which protects and promotes its interests, working alongside more senior lawyers.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of effective relationships with key stakeholders on the project so that business objectives are met; as well as promoting the reputation of the department so that it remains the focal point of the Group for legal issues.
- To contribute as required to other legal activities of the department and to provide advice on a range of commercial matters and generally to promote the reputation of the department.
About the Rewards
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
- Legal Advice
- Report Writing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'