The Legal Counsel will be responsible for guiding and actively supporting management in ensuring legal compliance in all areas of the business including but not limited to Commercial Contracts, Employment and Acquisitions for the EMEA Group.
Job Description for Legal Counsel:
- Reporting to and supporting the CFO.
- Legal compliance for UK, Germany, France, Benelux, Norway and Spain as well as other territories throughout EMEA
- Setting internal governance policies
- Draft, negotiate and execute commercial contracts
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks and offer solutions to mitigate these risks
- Regularly communicating relevant legal information to the management team
- Reviewing and providing legal guidance on legal implications of internal policies, procedures and contracts, updating and redrafting as appropriate
- Dealing with the legal position across the business for all business related issues
- Providing legal guidance for HR practices and processes
- Complete legal projects as directed by the management team
Qualifications and experience
- Qualified solicitor with at least 5 years post qualification experience
- Degree in law and an understanding of commercial business practices
- Must have experience in a similar role
- Professional understanding of all the legal aspects of commercial contracts and employment law
- High energy and drive for results
- Highly organised with good time management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Articulate communicator, team player
- Must have flexible working attitude
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Optoma Euope Ltd delivers engaging visual and audio experiences for a connected world.
With customer needs and the user experience at the centre of everything we do, Optoma’s projection and LED Display products combine superior image processing technologies with exceptional engineering and innovation to deliver stunning crystal clear images with ultimate reliability. Designed for professional AV and home entertainment, our award-winning projectors use DLP® technology, pioneered by Texas Instruments.
The Optoma NuForce audio range is designed for people that care about sound. They are built from premium quality components combining a sleek design with outstanding audio quality.
The Optoma Group has continental headquarters in Europe, the USA and Asia Pacific. Optoma Europe, based in London, covers Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). Local services are delivered from multiple offices across this region. www.optoma.co.uk
- Corporate Governance
- Legal Aspects
- Legal Information
- Legal Compliance