- Providing commercially focused and pragmatic legal advice and services to internal stakeholders (particularly Commercial and Procurement);
- Reviewing and drafting a broad range of complex, international agreements with a diverse range of customers, partners and suppliers, including collaboration agreements, terms and conditions of sale and IP licences;
- Working collaboratively as a recognised legal expert integrated in a multi-disciplinary team, including liaising with and advising senior management;
- Actively contributing to direct contract negotiations, ensuring robust protection for the company while supporting business winning and retention;
- Supporting tender activities;
- Assessing and managing claims and dispute resolution processes;
- Providing support and guidance on the protection, exploitation and enforcement of the company's intellectual property rights;
- Monitoring and keeping up to date with legislative changes and relevant case law and being responsible for communicating bespoke and practical advice to colleagues; and
- Assisting with wider business and ad-hoc legal activities as required.
Skills Qualifications and Knowledge required
- Qualified Lawyer;
- Contract drafting skills;
- Dispute management;
- Negotiation skills;
- Strong drive to support the business and add value to the services the legal team deliver;
- Solid relevant experience; and
- In-house and relevant industry experience would be beneficial, but not essential.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Commercial legal support experience