Sevenoaks (Surrounding area)
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
Modern and progressive group of companies incorporating major names in the automotive and insurance sector are seeking to recruit an experienced Legal Counsel to join the group based near Sevenoaks in Kent
The Legal Counsel will assist the General Counsel to provide legal advice and assistance to the Group of Companies.
Ideally you will be an Experienced Solicitor / Barrister with at least 5 years post qualification experience with experience of reviewing and drafting insurance contracts and advising on general insurance matters.
• Reviewing, updating, drafting and advising on general insurance matters including binding authorities, claims handling agreements, Broker TOBAs, co-insurance & reinsurance agreements, AR and IAR agreements, outsourcing arrangements, aggregator and software house agreements
• Providing advice on FSMA and FCA regulatory requirements
• Reviewing, updating, drafting and advising on general commercial and other contracts for the supply and/or sale of goods or services agreements
• Review, update and improve procedures to ensure compliance with regulations.
• Conducting legal research as required
• Keeping up to date with changes in legislation that may impact the Group
• Assisting with and advise on all other legal matters relating to Group companies
• Providing support on projects and legal issues as and when required
• Providing general assistance to the Group General Counsel
• Experienced Solicitor / Barrister with at least 3-5 years post qualification experience within Insurance
• Excellent legal research skills - familiar with using legal resources
• Draft a diverse range of commercial agreements and documents in order to support the wide variety of businesses within the Group
• Ability to draft agreements from scratch without heavy reliance on precedents
• Participate in meetings and negotiations in the course of which contracts and agreements are developed with customers/suppliers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and fast paced business; the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary plus opportunity to have a stable, long-standing career with this leading and award winning company.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job