Our client, a family owned global pharmaceutical business, has a great opportunity for a qualified Legal Counsel to oversee all legal aspects of the business.
Reporting to the Financial Director, the successful candidate will lead a newly-formed team, comprising an In House Legal Executive and HR Manager.
This is a hugely varied role with responsibilities to include, but not limited to:-
- Communicate and negotiate, where appropriate, with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (employment law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organisation
- Managing external solicitors and other professionals
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
The successful candidate will possess:-
- Qualified solicitor, registered to practice in the UK.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel, ideally within a highly regulated, though not necessarily pharmaceutical, business environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience and understanding of dealing with multiple international jurisdictions and implication on structure of agreements
- Ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
The role provides an outstanding opportunity to join a well-established business at an exciting time in its growth and play a key role in driving the business toward its corporate goal.
A package will be offered for this role which reflects the seniority of the role.
- legal counsel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job