Job Description: Legal Counsel
Responsible To: Managing Director
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for guiding and actively supporting management in ensuring legal compliance in all areas of the business including but not limited to Employment, Property and Commercial Contracts for a Group of related companies. There will be a particularly focus on supporting the organisation with property issues, housing benefit, rent arrears and contract management.
Summary of Benefits: Annual salary up to £55k depending on experience, performance related bonus, Company Pension Scheme, Company laptop, Mileage paid for business use, Car business insurance paid, Free car parking
The role will be specifically responsible for:
- Reviewing and providing guidance on the legal implications of internal policies and procedures, updating and redrafting where appropriate and communicating to the management team.
- Take responsibility for resolving all legal position relating to housing benefit for service users, including reviewing the processes where required.
- Populating template contracts to a consistently high standard for colleagues within Sales and Marketing
- Regularly communicating relevant legal information to the management team and organisation to ensure compliance in all areas of the business.
- Investigating complaints raised across the business, providing a full and detailed report on legal position and responding to those interested parties.
- Providing advice on company audits which will require reviewing of documents and developing an understanding of CQC Regulations.
- Providing legal guidance to the management team on any HR related processes, including disciplinary, grievance and performance management procedures.
- Carrying out any other relevant projects as requested by the Senior Management Team to ensure the effective performance of the organisation
The following qualification, skills and experience are required for this role:
- Qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive and practised in the last 5 years
- Must possess a degree in law and an understanding of litigation and associated legal processes
- Must have experience of working in a legal role relating to property, housing benefit, rent, evictions and contract management.
- Background in social care beneficial including an understanding of CQC regulations and LMA
- Demonstrable professional understanding of all the legal aspects of contract management and employment law
- Ability to keep up to date with current management and employment law
- Demonstrable cross team working to embed legislative principles to all management
- Must have excellent problem solving skills, critical analysis and data processing
- Able to manage own workload and bring projects to satisfactory conclusions
- Strong English spoken, listening, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be able to develop good working relationships with all levels in the organisation
- Strong administration skills, letter and report writing
- Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
Please apply now for immediate consideration and to secure an exciting and interesting opportunity with a progressive and forward thinking organisation.
- Property Law
- Property Issues