Diligent Corporation is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company specializing in secure productivity and collaboration tools designed to streamline board meeting management, and facilitate better board communications. Diligent Boards is the world’s leading board portal solution, providing admins, executives and board members with the technology to increase board engagement, promote effective decision making, and improve corporate governance. With more than 140,000 users worldwide, supported by a dedicated 24/7/365 customer success team, Diligent has set the standard for excellence in product and service for the world’s leaders and boards.
Diligent is seeking a qualified lawyer with 1-4 years of transactional experience for an in-house commercial Legal Counsel position with emphasis on drafting and structuring contracts with clients, prospective clients, and vendors across the UK and EMEA. The role will also involve a variety of other corporate and commercial legal matters as they arise. The candidate must have excellent writing skills, and it is preferred that the candidate have experience drafting agreements and first-hand experience with transactional matters. Fluency in other languages is a major plus.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of commercial contracts including commercial subscription agreements, amendments, service level/support agreements, consultant agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Take on responsibility for the entire client contracting cycle, from initial draft to finalization and signature, driving contract negotiations to timely and successful completion.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of contract law as it applies to software-as-a-service agreements worldwide, including intellectual property licensing, data protection throughout the EU, and other developing areas of Internet law.
- Develop an understanding and knowledge of the enterprise software space.
- Develop and administer internal processes to assist employees, ensure quick delivery of legal service, and review compliance.
- Pay superb attention to detail and provide timely legal support in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience negotiating with customers in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa is a strong positive.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in England and Wales with exceptional academic credentials.
- 1-4 years PQE.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within business clients and across borders.
- GDPR experience is desirable
- Highly motivated, strategic, detail-oriented individual with the ability to pro-actively organize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, with minimal supervision.
- Experience reviewing and drafting contracts required. International experience is a strong plus.
- Fluency in French, Spanish, or German is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook) is required.
Diligent offers a strong compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including pension, Group Life Insurance and Income protections, alongside Medical Insurance. We are a casual but professional team, with this role working from our London office.