Legal Counsel FTC - Residential Property - Immediate start
Reed Legal working with a specialist residential property asset management company.
The client is seeking a qualified lawyer experienced in residential property and Landlord & Tenant work to join its In-House Lawyers team on a fixed term maternity cover contract.
This is a great opportunity for a residential property lawyer to work in-house with one of the UK’s largest specialist freehold asset management companies and take on a broader in-house legal role including exposure to compliance and other corporate governance and commercial matters.
Key experience needed:
- Fully qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive entitled to practise in England & Wales
- Demonstrable post-qualification experience of substantial non-contentious residential and commercial property, enfranchisement, conveyancing and general property transactional work either in private practice or gained inhouse
- A wide knowledge of Landlord & Tenant legislation, and legal issues relevant to ground rent and residential long leasehold interests
- A proven ability to handle a substantial caseload and work with minimal supervision
- Experience within or a good knowledge of the residential property sector, and property industry generally
- Experience of ground rent portfolio acquisitions, developer plot sales, planning and construction matters
- Previous in-house experience, particularly within the property industry with other Ground Rent Managers, Property Managers or House Builders/Developers
- Experience in dealing with and instructing external Counsel, solicitors, and surveyors
You will be joining a small and friendly colligate team of In-House Lawyers team comprising of the Head of Legal and two experienced property solicitors (In-House Counsel), a construction solicitor (joining June 2021), a paralegal and an administrator.
The role is based in central London, offering hybrid working with a mixture of remote and office-based work. The contract duration is 9 months with a preferred start date of 5th July 2021. Remuneration from £60,000 - £70,000 (FTE) dependant on experience.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply online or send your CV, notice period, interview availability and salary expectations to
Reed Legal recruit legal professionals into law firms, regulatory bodies and in house teams across the UK. Our expert consultants specialise in individual market sectors across all industries recruiting from Paralegal to Partner, and Legal Assistant to General Counsel.
We appreciate that one size does not fit all and that’s why our highly qualified and friendly team deliver bespoke recruitment solutions tailored to every candidate and client that we partner with.
Find out more about us at legal
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'