Legal Counsel - FinTech Lender
We are delighted to offer a unique and exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and fast-growing company within Financial Services. If you enjoy working in a vibrant organisation which embraces data science and are truly customer-focussed but want something different than the usual Banking environment, then this is an opportunity for you. Our client is a fintech consumer lender who are well established (over 6 years old and already lent £200m+) and heading for huge growth over the coming years following significant investment. They have big plans to disrupt and become the dominant force in UK consumer credit using a data-led approach to everything they do.
As the Legal Counsel, you will report to the Group Legal Officer for the business and have a varied workload with input on all aspects of the business: corporate / commercial contracts, data, employment etc. There will never be a dull moment!
In particular you will be:
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, including general commercial contracts, partnership / broker and tech contracts
- Dealing with corporate governance and some regulatory matters
- Handling some company secretarial matters
- Providing advice on data privacy matters
- Helping to manage relationships with external counsel with a view to efficiency and cost
- Helping to develop processes for the legal function (including for contract and supplier management) to ensure it can support the growth and scale of the business and provide a market-leading in-house legal service
While you will be a key member of the Legal team, you will work closely with the founders, the senior leadership team members and many other members of the team.
Required skills and experience:
- A solid foundation in corporate and commercial law (including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts), GDPR compliance and data security
- 2 years+ PQE working in a leading law firm or equivalent in-house experience
- To be able to demonstrate excellent technical expertise and communication skills
- To be able to work autonomously as well as effectively with colleagues in various other areas of the company
- To be motivated, energetic, organised, articulate, willing to take responsibility and capable of picking up a wide variety of matters
- Any experience of working with FCA regulated businesses, particularly in the retail finance/consumer lending sector would be of benefit (but not a prerequisite)
- Experience working in-house would also be of benefit (but not a prerequisite)
This is a great opportunity to join a customer focussed lender who are about to embark on an ambitious growth strategy and who put people at the heart of their business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'