Full time Contract role - 3 Months. May get extended
- Experience of commercial contract drafting
- Software/tech background ideally
Sole Legal Counsel (In-house, tech start-up)
We are a leading technology firm based in London, UK.
The Legal Counsel role:
The Legal Counsel will provide immediate assistance with the drafting of international contracts.
The three most pressing areas are:
- Terms and conditions for the provision of technology and services internationally (SAAS)
- Statements of Work and contracts for deployment of technology, licensing and commercial agreements with major corporations in Latin American
- Establishment of AML and Compliance processes related to technology, services, customer sign-up and digital payments.
Additionally, there may be additional adhoc provision of legal advice as needed.
Must have experience:
As the sole internal legal resource, you should have great exposure to all business areas and really be able to make the role your own. In this role, you will need to have the ability to work with a high level of autonomy. We need someone who is extremely proactive, pragmatic and dynamic.
- You should be a qualified Lawyer able to practice in the UK
- Proven experience working directly for a software / technology company
- A background in contract law, tax law, accounting, licensing and related topics
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of delivering to emerging markets
- Experience within a fast-growing tech start-up
- Spoken Spanish a bonus.
Due to working with financial systems, CRB and a basic credit check will form part of the assessment process.
legal, saas, aml, compliance.