Your new company
An internationally renowned technology organisation based in Reading with offices across the UK and Europe seek an In House Legal Counsel to provide expert commercial legal support to the business and wider business segments. Offering cloud based software services to an array of clients across the UK and Europe. The business is backed by a strong and sizeable Legal team, this is a brand new role due to organic growth. Equally this is a very exciting time to join the business as the initial project will be leading and overseeing a major acquisition.
Your new role
The Legal Department The Legal team provide advice to all regions and work closely with IT, marketing, finance, procurement and sales teams. The team also helps support wider Legal initiatives in the country as required (i.e. data protection / licensing). Reporting into the General Counsel and supported by the wider Legal team, this opportunity will not only broaden your expertise within the Legal team but also give you the opportunity to lead and develop "Sole Counsel" skills during this acquisition.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Commercial Solicitor 2-4+ PQE
- In depth knowledge of other relevant specialisms e.g. corporate (M&A), data protection and employment law (would be a bonus)
- Knowledge of UK Data Protection Law and a good understanding of other European Data Protection Laws and multi-jurisdictional issues.
- Capable of coordinating multi-territory legal support.
- Good commercial Legal experience and a track record of delivering commercially sound legal advice to businesses.
- Positive, pro-active, "can do" attitude; solutions solutions-orientated; execution focused.
- Bright, articulate and commercially astute.
What you'll get in return
- Excellent basis salary
- Flexible working (one - two days a week from home option)
- 25 days holiday (please note there is the opportunity to buy up to 5 days of holiday or sell up to 5 days of holiday) You're holiday will increase to 30 days after 3 years service.
- 5 CSR days
- Cycle to work
- Pension (Up to 10%)
- Share save scheme
- Non contractual bonus scheme (20-30%) - based on company and team performance
What you need to do now
Apply today! For more information or a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Monique Davis on or email: If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
- commercial contracts