Legal Counsel - 0-2 years PQE
The Legal Counsel role in Stratford is responsible for the provision of general commercial legal advice, primarily for the UK facing businesses of the GVC Group (including the Ladbrokes, Coral and Gala businesses), working with both UK and non-UK colleagues (for example, colleagues in Gibraltar and Israel) to ensure the effective sharing of good practice and a consistent risk approach.
Reporting into the Head of Legal, this individual will be responsible for:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of general commercial contracts, including agreements for the supply of services and/or goods, sponsorship agreements, marketing agreements, IT related agreements (including software licensing) and agreements for the supply of data/content/streaming
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
- Working closely with the marketing teams to ensure compliance with the CAP Code, advertising standards etc. / marketing sign off
- Advising on day to day legal queries from the business
- Supporting the management of the Group IP portfolio (including the registration and protection of trademarks and domain names)
- Development of standard forms and precedents to align management of legal risk
- Working with the Legal and Regulatory teams to deliver the creation of legal policies and related training
- Advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
- Seeking and co-ordinating input where necessary from external legal advisers in the UK and overseas
This individual will be required to work closely with senior leaders and operational teams at all levels of the organisation. He or she will support the delivery of commercial legal activities and develop and enforce appropriate policies and processes related to them.
It is imperative that the individual taking this role is commercial in their approach and has the ability to translate technical legal issues and solutions into language that resonates with commercial colleagues. It is also important that this individual can develop strong working relationships across the business and with a number of stakeholders.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Qualified as a lawyer with 0-2 years PQE in a large law firm or in house company
- Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts required
Specialist Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to build strong relationships with colleagues across the business
- Strong influencing skills - the ability to work with others to achieve outstanding results
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to negotiate solutions and influence decisions
- Commercial in approach, understanding the impact of legal issues or solutions on the operational activities of the business
- Flexible in approach and willingness to take on a varied workload
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'