Legal Contracts Manager - Residential Care Services (RCS)
Care UK have an exciting opportunity for a Legal Contracts Manager to join our growing business. Care UK is a proud multi-award company who is one of the UKs most successful independent healthcare providers who year on year continuously strive forward investing in new build homes, increasing our ever growing business with a clear vision and strategy at the core.
Care UK have ambitious growth plans as well as a range of existing contractual relationships which need to be managed and developed by a Legal Contracts Manager.
The Legal Contracts Manager will be responsible for negotiating and resolving contract issues and supporting the growth agenda. The role is part of the business development team which includes a development and construction team and a commercial team responsible for managing our operational and new service contracts. The postholder is required to form an effective partnership with these teams and provide legal/contract services to enable development projects to be progressed to legal completion and operational contracts to be proactively managed including variations and dispute resolution.
- To lead legal negotiations and instruct our legal advisers for development projects including Sale and Purchase Agreements, Agreement for Lease and Leases
- Review and negotiate commercial contracts, heads of terms, procurement agreements, NDAs and ad-hoc agreements
- Responsibility for the contract database and updating contracts for compliance
- Management of external legal advisers and liaison with all members of the development, commercial contracts, operational and finance teams
- Reviewing contract terms and conditions associated with tenders, and negotiating the contracts with Local Authorities and CCG’s post tender submission
- Fulfil an commercial contract management function for the operational business in partnership with the Commercial Contracts Team.
- Protect the reputation of the business by taking active leadership on risk management and escalating where appropriate
- Supporting Senior Managers in presenting the Company’s position to customers, and advising managers on their contractual rights and obligations
- Where appropriate liaise with other advisers - tax, insurance and compliance to obtain their input into contracts
- Keeping up to date with laws and regulations which affect the business and advising on any changes or actions needed
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) you will be a Qualified Solicitor with proven post qualifying experience gained in a commercial in-house environment with comprehensive knowledge of commercial contracts
- The successful candidate will have a Legal degree or relevant legal experience in a similar role
- Property contract/legal experience
- Highly proficient at contract/commercial negotiations and contract drafting
- Ability to perform effective stakeholder management in challenging environments
- Effective communication skills
- Experience of such common commercial contracts as non-disclosure agreements, Heads of Terms, service contracts
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to influence senior decision makers
- Able to manage effectively across functional teams
- Able to multi-task, prioritise and have good time management skills
- Experience in Board Level reporting
For more information please contact Roxy Pratley on / or Tara Connor /
Please also click below to send an up to date CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job