Our client an award winning and well regarded Legal 500 firm with multiple offices in the South East have seen significant growth of the past 5 years. Are now recruiting for an experienced Legal Cashier for their Braintree office .
- To provide an efficient accounts and cashiering service to the partners and staff including compliance with regulatory bodies in accordance with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Responsible for daily banking ,production of cheques
- Processing CHAPS & BAC transfers
- Processing bills including , checking disbursements and expenses are correct and accounted for and calculations and additions are correct
- Raising client and office cheques
- Controlling petty cash transactions
- Dealing with same day electronic transfers in and out of the bank
- Daily posting and reconciling of HM Land Registry and other invoices regarding search fees and monthly reconciliations of companies house
- Processing credit card payments over the telephone and in person
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliation of the main client/office /VAT and Tax accounts
- Completion and processing of the firms VAT returns
- Ordering local searches and company searches over the internet
- Ensuring fee earners and support staff comply with both the firms internal regulations and SAR rules
- You will possess at least 2 years relevant experience within a legal accounting environment
- Knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules essential
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook, Excel
- An excellent communicator
- A team player
- Have the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Hours 9.00 am - 5.30 pm
Contact Julie Sheridan at JS Legal Recruitment Ltd, quoting reference JSL2111 email now your cv or call for a confidential discussion . For more information on other vacancies JS Legal recruitment Ltd are handling please visit our website.
All successful applications will be responded to within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
- Bank Reconciliation
- Petty Cash
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'